LORD MAYOR’S DISTRESS RELIEF FUND INC. OPERATION
ORIGIN Board Meeting 19 July 2007 FILE NO. P1015391-7
AUTHORITY Board Meeting 7 December 2007
This Policy clarifies the standard operations of the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund Inc (the ‘Fund’).
The business and operations of the Fund are conducted under the Constitution of the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund Inc.
- The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund will provide aid for victims of events of a disastrous nature for Western Australians. A public appeal may be called.
- The Fund will primarily focus on the relief of distress and hardship of individuals.
- The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund may also choose to assist individuals who have experienced hardship following a minor localised disaster.
- Applications for assistance will include details of any other funding assistance provided to an individual to allow the Board to give a fair allocation to an individual.
- The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund will work closely with the Local Recovery Committee to ensure local issues are considered before deciding on a disbursement plan. The Local Recovery Committee authenticates applications and provides recommendations to the Board for financial assistance.
- All disbursements will ultimately be for the benefit of individuals.
Ratified by the Board of the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund this 7th day of December 2007.