Appeal to help Parkerville fire victims
The Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund (LMDRF) has been activated to raise and coordinate donations to support the victims of the fire in parts of Perth hills in mid January 2014.
The LMDRF is the recognised state emergency fund and provides relief for personal hardship and distress arising from natural disasters occurring within Western Australia.
The LMDRF is run by an independent board and all the money goes to victims, with donations of $2 and above being tax deductible. No administrative charges are made by the City of Perth for support services provided.
Please note - donations of clothing, foodstuffs and goods are NOT accepted by the LMDRF and we have been advised by Volunteering WA that at this time they have more than they need so please NO MORE donations of clothing and goods.
An application form for those requiring LMDRF assistance is now available for downloading - application form
Donations to the Parkerville Fire Appeal are still being accepted and can be made:
- over the counter at any BankWest branch or agency to the dedicated appeal account BSB 306-089, account 323311-7
- via EFT BankWest’s appeal account BSB 306-089, account 323311-7
- in person at the Customer Service counter at Council House, 27 St Georges Terrace, Perth
- on the phone for credit card donation, 9461 3886 during normal business hours
- by mail to LMDRF, Parkerville Fire Appeal, c/- City of Perth, GPO Box C120 Perth WA 6839.
- Online Credit Card Payment *
* Note - Credit card payments are limited to $10,000 per card, per application, per year. Only Visa, Mastercard and Amex cards are accepted.
You may also make a donation using the GiveNow website: